(10 inch dutch oven, 18 coals on lid to make a 400 degree oven, 8 under oven)
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lb pea pods
- 2 red onion slices, cut into smaller pieces
- Preheat the dutch oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the pea pods and red onion pieces into the bowl and mix so everything is coated well.
- You can let sit a few minutes to marinate if you wish.
- Put the whole mix into the dutch oven. Put the lid back on, cook for 20 minutes til done. Less time = more crispy!