(12″ dutch oven, 375 degree oven, 1 ring and 4 extra on lid, 9 under oven)
- 1 crescent sheet or 1 refrigerated pizza dough tube.
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shred mozzarella or Italian blend cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Torn basil (optional)
- Preheat your dutch oven by putting the coals under and on lid for about 5 minutes.
- Unroll the dough sheets. Stretch or roll it out to get a 8×12 rectange on lightly floured surface.
- Spread the marinara on the dough all the way to the edge; tope with the pepperoni and 1 ¾ cups mozzarella/Italian blend cheese. Starting with long side, tightly roll up the dough, slightly stretching as you go to form a 14 in log.
- Put down parchment in the bottom of the dutch oven so you can lift these out easily. Lightly spray the parchment.
- Cut the log crosswise into 9 rounds. Arrange cut side up in the dutch oven, touching slightly.
- Bake the rolls covered, until the cheese begins to melt and the rolls are puffy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and look..are they puffy? Yes, put the remaining cheese on and close up the oven.
- Take the oven off the heat but leave the lid on for 5 more minutes. The heat of the cast iron will continue to cook these rolls.
- Read the directions on the tube for further times and adjust as needed.