from Pio Pico Campground, CA
- 1+ racks of St. Louis style (cut) ribs
- Commercially prepared Hickory BBQ Sauce
For the Rub:
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Seasoning Salt
- (Cafe does not have set proportions for the rub)
- Start by removing the rib rack(s) from the refrigerator 2 hours before cooking.
- Mix rub ingredients together and massage onto the ribs.
- Set a gas BBQ to medium-high. Place the ribs bone side down and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn ribs and coat bone side with a hickory BBQ sauce. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn again and coat with BBQ sauce.
- Put 1/2 inch of water in an oven safe pan large enough to hold the ribs and set oven to 250 degrees. Put the ribs in the pan, place in the oven when it has come to temperature and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- When the ribs are tender, remove from pan and give them another coat of sauce and serve.