Total time: 1 hour 10 min
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
- 1½-2 lbs. ground pork
- ½ large onion diced
- 1 large yellow potato diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. butter divided
- ½ tsp. sage
- ½ tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. clove
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp of butter, add in garlic, onions, and potatoes until slightly translucent (about 10 min).
- Lightly mash the potatoes with a fork until they are closer to a chunky mashed potato*.
- Add spices and pork, as you cook the pork make sure to break it up until it’s in very small pieces and cooked through**.
- Add the first crust into a 9 inch pie pan, fill with pie mixture, top with second pie crust, ventilating top crust with holes or slits.
- Melt the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter and spread it on the top layer of crust.
- Bake for 40-45 min. until crust is crispy.
- Top with bread and butter pickles and enjoy!
*this part is very important as it is what helps hold the pie together
**if you have trouble with this step, break it up as small as you can and then once cooked, before adding it to the crust, pulse very lightly in small batches in a food processor.